On November 17, existing and new NEOCC members came together for our Fall 2009 meeting. Thank you to everyone that came out.
Summary of the topics discussed
- Update on work towards Brecksville climbing access
- Continued work to remove $300K personal liability coverage requirement that is part of Cleveland Metroparks climbing permit.
- Scott Daniels will be taking charge of all future volunteer events. Currently the NEOCC is working on organizing a Whipp’s Ledges restoration project, as well as additional Whipp’s Ledges and Brecksville cleanups.
- Identification of additional areas in which to pursue climbing acccess.
- Two new areas that permit climbing were identified by a couple of our newest members. Among these is Beach City Wildlife Area, where Grant Fair is actively working to organize cleanup days and increase awareness of climbing in the area.
- Location for future meetings.